05 December 2010

Room 17


Fed up with Friday's miserable freezing weather, I sheltered in Room 17 of the British Museum. My attention was immediately caught by a pair of a crouching lions. I had to draw this one because his missing lower jaw left him with a daft cartoony expression. As I worked I heard a familiar voice behind me; I looked over my shoulder to find it was none other than the saintly Neil MacGregor
Later on I drew the Mystic Granny as we chatted about the day's events.
Pen and ink with brushpen. Lions both A4 size. Granny 15cm square. Click to enlarge.

2 comments:

Shayla said...

Awesome drawings! I really love those lion statues, they are so creepy but amazing!

Olaf Johansson said...

Very fine drawings. At first I thought the lion had two wristwatches on its leg but now I realize how meaningless that would be. One watch must be enough even for lions.